Welcome

Sidebar...we say the things that you think but don't say. We are your inner voice in other words. Three spicy bloggers with a passion for fashion, celebrities, and relationships (just don't call us the Spice Girls, or we'll have to slap you). Hope you enjoy! Wait...I know you will enjoy.





Life Update!!


Hello all! i hope you don't think I have been neglecting you. I have been recovering from 2 small strokes. I know, you are wondering how a 25 year old, healthy woman can have a stroke. I don't know and the doctors don't either. What I do know is that I have to take aspirin and maintain a healthy diet ( I wanted to lose 20 lbs anyway, so I guess it all worked out right?). I have many new things to share with you so stay tuned. I am also going to have more posts about healthy eating and exercise. I am tracking my progress on a program called My Fitness Pal . They even have a mobile app you can get on your phone whether you have an IPhone, Andriod or Blackberry. You can track your calorie intake and your exercises to help fulfill your fitness goals. I'll keep you updated on my weight-loss progress and inform you on tips and tricks that I learn along the way. I have found myself looking at fitness mags such as Shape, Self and Women's Health for food and exercise ideas. So check these out when you can. If you find anything interesting on your fitness journey or just by browsing feel free to share.

Recently I have discovered three healthy eating and exercise options with you. I have started taking a hot yoga class at my gym. This type of yoga can also be called "Bikram" or "Ashtanga". This type of yoga is performed in a room heated to 80-105 degrees and warms your muscles which allows you to move and stretch into many different positions. The warmth also allows your body to rid itself of toxins. I always thought that yoga classes were not much of a workout but this class changed my mind. I was sweating like a slave. It was a serious work out and I am hooked. Because of the stroke I am unable to move around much and this yoga class allows me to get a good workout in and strengthen my legs and arms without much stress. This is def a workout to try. Check out your local gym for their yoga options.

I have discovered a new eatery down the street from my house called Piada Italian Street Food. It may not be new to you but I found that this place is amazing. It's like an Italian Chipotle. You can make your piada (Italian burrito), pasta, or salad as healthy or un-heathy as you want, It offers a variety of fresh veggie options that you can add to pasta or salad. You can also choose from different tomato based sauces which provides a better option, rather than a creamy based sauce. If you're ever near a Piada, stop by and try it out.

Last but not least, I have been drinking Horizon Organic Chocolate Milk. It is the best chocolate ever!!! It is a great chocolatey protin fix before a workout or whenever.

Until next time- azureDizzle

1 comments:

Meredith said...

oh my gosh! take care of yourself, girl! I am excited to try the "fitness pal" app thanks for the recommendation!

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews