Welcome

Sidebar...we say the things that you think but don't say. We are your inner voice in other words. Three spicy bloggers with a passion for fashion, celebrities, and relationships (just don't call us the Spice Girls, or we'll have to slap you). Hope you enjoy! Wait...I know you will enjoy.





Taboo Taboo


Sidebar...is it still taboo to have babies out of wedlock? It seems now a days that having babies is a normal regular occurrence for people my age. Babies are popping up all over the place. What is it? Has pop-culture corrupted us into thinking that it's ok to have babies, babies and more babies without being married? It seems to me that the media has almost glamorized being a single mom. TV reality shows such as "Teen Mom" and "16 and Pregnant" have sort of made having babies out of wedlock cool, or the norm. Celebs have also glamorized being pregnant and not married. Natalie Portman, for example, is now pregnant by her choreographer boyfriend and is winning all types of Oscars and Golden Globes. And believe me, she is not the only one. What sort of image is this setting for our young girls? From these television shows and celebs, I could see young girls thinking that having babies out of wedlock is cool or that it will be fun and exciting to have a baby. That being a single mom is easy. Does anyone else see a problem with this? I'm 25 and I still don't think having a baby will be easy, even when I am actually ready. What do you think?-azureDizzle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews