Welcome

Sidebar...we say the things that you think but don't say. We are your inner voice in other words. Three spicy bloggers with a passion for fashion, celebrities, and relationships (just don't call us the Spice Girls, or we'll have to slap you). Hope you enjoy! Wait...I know you will enjoy.





Sidebar Salon


There hasn't been a Sidebar Salon in a long time but I know Brie-Z did one on natural hair a while ago so I'm going to piggy back off of her. Well a lot of my close friends have been "going natural" and I myself have joined the ranks. I haven't had a relaxer in about a year and a half. It wasn't really a conscious effort. I just didn't get one for a while because I really didn't need one...and everything kind of fell into place from there (lucky I know). But now that I am natural I have been paying more and more attention to what others have been doing with their natural hair. Brie-Z has been natural for a long time and I have gotten many tips from her. My sands Jasmine has been natural for a long time too. She was one of the first people who told me about certain products for natural hair like Miss Jessie's. My distant sands A.Yancey (www.fancyayancey.com) has also gone natural and she has given me some awesome hair tips too. My bestest Ruth and my friend Tess have also joined the ranks of the "natural hair army".

Recently, my bestest told me about "the MopTop Maven" and I checked out her blog and channel on YouTube (www.themoptopmaven.com. She has wonderful video that shows her 'hair journey" that shows her journey from relaxed hair to natural hair. I love discovering new things to do with my hair but my only dilemma is TIME. As a law school student I do not have 2 hours to devote to my hair so I try to do as little as possible to my hair, so that I save time and still look bomb.com. I looked at a couple of the tutorials that The MopTop Maven has made and I love the things she is doing with her hair. She has tutorials on "twist outs", "braid outs" and much more. The products she uses seem amazing. I have been doing twists in my hair lately and I like them a lot. One because they are low maintenance. Two because they are funky and cute. Once I twist them, I don't have to do Anything to my hair for a week (except maybe re-twist a couple. The picture above is from the first time I twisted my hair. All I did was wash and condition it in the shower. Then comb it out. Then I sectioned it off and used Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam (LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS STUFF) and twisted each piece. With it wet, the twists stay together better so I make sure I have a spray bottle with water in it. After about a week I usually take out the twists but by then its time for me to wash my hair again. I'm going to keep you all posted on new things that I discover. Im going to do a twist out and try the new tricks that I learned from the Mop Top Maven. Those of you who know me know that I love Paul Mitchell products and I swear by all his stuff. Like seriously, Paul can do no wrong in my book. Im going to branch out a little bit and use some of his products that I have not used before and used the Mop Top Mavens tricks. I am a creature of habit and don't stray far from known territory. But I'm going to try it for the greater good. I will let yall know how it goes. Wish me luck. - azureDizzle

PS: What products do YOU love for your natural hair??? Share, share, share!!!! Please, please, please!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews