Welcome

Sidebar...we say the things that you think but don't say. We are your inner voice in other words. Three spicy bloggers with a passion for fashion, celebrities, and relationships (just don't call us the Spice Girls, or we'll have to slap you). Hope you enjoy! Wait...I know you will enjoy.





SPOTLIGHT

Just want to say congrats to Nicol Richie for adding her new born baby boy to the ridiculous celebrity baby name list! Yesterday, her son Sparrow James Midnight Madden was brought into the world...really? Sparrow? Where did she get that from? Not to metion Midnight came out of no where either.

What is with the celebrities and crazy baby names? I'm assuming this falls into the category of "I'm rich so I do what I want." And I guess since these celeb kids will not be submitting the resume or filling out any job applications ever, what does their name matter? After all, they will be in a classroom filled with other children with weird names. None of them will be making fun of each other, they will be laughing at the kid named Aidan or Madison, names of the non-celebrity world.

The sad part is that Sparrow is not the worst celebrity baby name out there. Let me provide some examples of my favorites:
- Sage Moonblood, child of Sylvester Stallone (sounds like the name of an eye shadow color by Mac)
- Pilot Inspektor, child of Jason Lee from My Name is Earl (was this baby conceived by members of the mile high club?)
- Kyd, child of David Duchovny (they just got lazy with this name)
- Memphis Eve, child of Bono from U2 (I just don't know)
- Ocean, child of Forest Whitaker (I guess he wanted to keep it in the names of nature)
- Jermajesty, child of Jermaine Jackson (no comment, just blank stare)

And my favorite ridiculous celeb baby name is from some celeb chick that I don't even know but I had to mention this because it is just that GOD AWFUL and I just plain feel bad for this kid. His name is Audio Science, child of Shannon Sossaman...WHY??

Whatever happened to regular names? Yeah, there might have been 4 Sarah's, 2 Ashley's, and 3 Jason's in your class but that's what last names are for! What if Audio Science ends up being hard of hearing and fails biology? That would follow him around his whole life! And if poor Jermajesty does not become king of a castle, that would ruin the purpose of his life...Can they be satisfied with life if they do not fulfill the duties of their names? See, you have to think about these things!

Sidebar...Anyone can legally change their name at the age of 18. I would highly recommend these kids take this into consideration -- KscaY

1 comments:

Brie Z said...

I've had the same issue with famous names as well. Like Erykah Badu naming her kids Seven (kinda cute) and Puma. Puma? An animal and a shoe. wtf? Or like some actor older black guy (Ving Rhames I believe but not completely sure) But his daughter's name is Reign Beau, yeah, that's right! RAINBOW!

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews