Welcome

Sidebar...we say the things that you think but don't say. We are your inner voice in other words. Three spicy bloggers with a passion for fashion, celebrities, and relationships (just don't call us the Spice Girls, or we'll have to slap you). Hope you enjoy! Wait...I know you will enjoy.





It's not me, it's you

To all the ladies who are pretty, have good personalities, smart, kind, caring, considerate, and just all around a good catch but you can't seem to figure out why you are still single...it's because guys who appreciate these qualities and want to take the time to see these things in you are becoming EXTINCT!

I met a guy about a month ago while I was out. It was an instant attraction which does not happen to me very often. He was a friend of a friend of A.K. 47 and so we were easily introduced. He was cute, educated, told me about his traveling job and all around seemed like a good catch, someone I could get to know. Our communcation was limited since we didn't get a chance to exchange numbers at the end of the night that we met. Come Labor Day weekend, I heard through the grapevine that he was in town and wanted to hang out with me. I, unfourtunately, was in Chicago for the weekend and was unable to RSVP to the invite. I was quite excited that he had tried to get in touch with me so I sent him a facebook message telling him to save my number and call me if he is even in town again.

I get a TEXT today from him telling me that he was in town for a party and was wanting to meet up. Again, I get excited and immediately thinking of what I was going to wear, calling up friends, trying to get my plans together. I respond by telling him once I get my plans together, I would let him know. Then came a line of questioning that rings my "Douche Bag" alarm.

Question 1: Do you live solo?
My Response: Nope, not at the moment
Question 2: Who do you live with?
My Response: My parents...
Question 3: Do you go home after a late night or to one of your girls' places?

DOUCHE BAG! DOUCHE BAG! STOP RESPONDING! DO NOT PASS GO! DO NOT COLLECT $200! DOES NOT WANT TO GET TO KNOW YOU! ONLY WANTS SEX!

The proof is in the pudding! Asking me about my living situation only means that for whatever reason, he thinks I'm going to take him home after our night out with no prior face to face communication, no previous phone conversations, not even a text...is this how guys' game is now? We don't go about sex smoothly anymore? Not even an attempt to see if a girl was planning on sleeping with you to begin with? What if I was wanting to go ahead and let you come over after the club, your approach was such a turn off. You just told me that you are lame, have no swag and don't deserve any nookie from the nookie jar!

Don't get me wrong ladies, it is your choice to sleep with anyone you want after knowing them for as long as you choose, but realize that some of the girls who give it up that easy make it hard for other females who are trying to keep the guys' respect level full blown. I want to make for sure that I am not just wanted for my body. There is a time and a place for hook-ups and one night stands, but at that point, both parties should be at agreement that this arrangement is what it is...SEX. Don't come at me with some lame lines that I can easily read between and expect me to respond positively.

Sidebar(this one is for the guys)...If you are trying to close the deal for the night, a "pre-scheduled booty call" will not do the trick. Let the girl set the tone. At least meet up with the girl first, buy her a couple drinks, try to kiss her and see how far she is willing to go. The girl will let you know if she will follow your lead OR wonder why you are molesting her on the dancefloor, to which she will just stop dancing and slowly walk away. Take the hints PLEASE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews