Welcome

Sidebar...we say the things that you think but don't say. We are your inner voice in other words. Three spicy bloggers with a passion for fashion, celebrities, and relationships (just don't call us the Spice Girls, or we'll have to slap you). Hope you enjoy! Wait...I know you will enjoy.





Sidebar Salon

Hello All!! I have some new tips and tricks to share with you. I tried my first Co-Wash this past weekend. I have read a lot about other naturals "co-washing", which is a method of cleansing hair without using shampoo. The conditioner gently cleanses the scalp while adding moisture to the hair. I tried the co-wash after wearing my hair in a poof for a couple days. I used VO5 Peaches and Cream Moisture Milk Conditioner. I used this conditioner because it is cheap ( $1.00 a bottle!!!) and I can use a lot of it without hurting my pockets. The conditioner really softened my strands and after my natural curls were extra defined. Im calling this method the "Co-Wash and Go". After I co-washed I added Oyin's Juices and Berries Leave-in Herbal conditioner and did a small hump in the front. I think that I will be doing co-washes more often. They are easy and quick and leave my hair soft and manageable. Here are some pics!





I know a lot of you have heard of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. It's been all the rave. But I have heard a lot of bad reviews about it. So I was kind of scared to try it...plus I didn't want to fork out $30 for a jar. However, I was watching a couple videos from The Mop Top Maven, who uses Miss Jessie's for her twist outs and braid outs. I have never uses a "butter" or "pudding" type product for my twist outs. I tend to be apprehensive also because I don't know if these types of products will work with my hair "type". But I think I'm going to give it try. Nikole of The Mop Top Maven has also used Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter and Komazza Care Curl Coconut Hair Pudding. She used these products by first using a leave-in conditioner on the hair and then adding Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade before adding the butter based products. I'm going to try these products soon and report back to you. Mean while here are a couple tutorial videos from The Mop Top Maven, showing how she uses the Miss Jessie's and Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter. - azureDizzle





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Total Pageviews